- Issue Time
This article has sorted out the rope laying methods and safety measures of elevator wire ropes for your reference.
The elevator wire rope mainly refers to the traction wire rope. The traction rope bears the entire weight of the elevator and bends unidirectionally or alternately around the traction sheave, guide sheave, or reverse sheave during elevator operation.
The wire rope also bears a high specific pressure in the rope groove, so the elevator wire rope must have high strength, flexibility, and wear resistance. The following has sorted out the rope laying methods and safety measures of elevator wire ropes for your reference.
Rope laying methods
(1) The main equipment of the elevator has been installed, the car chassis has been adjusted, and the safety gear has been clamped to the guide rail.
(2) Assemble the weighted frame at the level of the top floor and the car (the counterweight is not placed temporarily).
(3) A temporary rope rack is set up outside the hall door on the top floor, and each bundle of wire ropes is placed on the rack. It should be able to rotate flexibly and put the rope easily.
(4) First, make one end of the rope head of the wire rope, and fix the wire rope from the rope release frame → square wood → car top wheel → guide wheel → counterweight wheel → rope head on the rope head plate of the machine room according to the requirements.
(5) Check the elevator shaft so that there are no obstacles when the counterweight frame slides down. And mark the position where the frame slides down or set up temporary support at the bottom of the well to ensure the accuracy of the length of the wire rope.
(6) After the counterweight frame slides down to the designated position, clamp each wire rope with the wire rope on the chain hoist with a rope clamp on the top layer to prevent the frame from sliding down. Then make the other end of the rope head, hang it to the rope head plate to fix it.
(1) When placing the wire rope with the counterweight frame, the braking device of the traction machine does not work. As the frame slides, without speed control, the frame will slide faster and faster, possibly resulting in an accident. Therefore, slow-speed and rope-braking measures are taken during the rope-releasing process, which can decelerate or stop at any time.
(2) Temporarily bind two solid square kinds of wood on the car upright, so that each steel wire rope is wound around the two square blocks of wood in an S shape to the car top wheel, and the friction force when the wire rope slides are increased so that the frame slowly slides down.
(3) On the traction sheave in the machine room, use a piece of wood with a thickness of about 50mm and the same width as the traction sheave. When it is necessary to decelerate or brake when releasing the rope, as long as a certain force is applied to the other end of the board, all the wire ropes can be braked.
If you want to know more about it after reading the above, please continue to pay attention to our news, we will update relevant professional articles for you in time.
With excellent manufacturing technology and leading production technology, TERADA has quickly become a leader in the hardware supply industry. We are equipped with a professional quality inspection system, which can control the quality of our products in an all-round way. At the same time, we will also customize professional solutions according to the diverse needs of users. If you want to buy our wire rope, please contact us immediately!